• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
• Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Wyndham SOP’s.
• Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
• Establish and maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
• Maintain and control all housekeeping equipment.
• Ensure compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
• Conduct monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies inventories.
• Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
• Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
• Manage vendor contracts (i.e. dry cleaners, window washers, etc.).
• Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Wyndham International SOP’s.
• Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
• Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
• Inspect all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
• Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
• Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
• Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
• Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Wyndham procedures.
• Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
• Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
• Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSD sheets. Keep MSD sheets current and easily available.
• Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
• Review Housekeeping staff’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
• Prepare employee schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
• Maintain Wyndham SOP’s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
• Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
• Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
• Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Housekeeping staff.
• Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).
• Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant and show rooms.
• Must maintain constant communication with Guest Services.
• Monitor and act on special requests as needed; VIPs, special needs rooms, connecting, etc.
• Maintain and monitor “Lost and Found” procedures and policies according to Wyndham standards.
• Establish and maintain key control system.
• Ensure participation within department for monthly Wyndham Way team meeting.
• Focus the Housekeeping Department on their role in contributing to Medallia Scores.
Monitor all V.I.P.’s, special guests and requests.
• Review Housekeeping log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
• Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
• Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying room status.
• Record all valet laundry for valet cleaners. Check and review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been returned.
• Properly store, secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
• Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
•Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner and be part of the in-house Quality committee.
• Ensure the implementation and sustainability of the Count On Me! Service Culture.
• Work according to the Wyndham Green environmental standards and procedures.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written (English & other language optional),with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and serviceoriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
• Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.