.• Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in preparation of the departmental budget.
• Submit the weekly report to Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Develop sales goals and strategies and ensure alignment with the hotel’s strategy.
• Execute the sales strategy and ensure individual booking goals are met for both self and staff.
• Coach leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
• Ensure the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
• Ensure focus is on proactive selling as well as reactive selling.
• Determine and develop marketing communication activities.
• Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Develop strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase hotel/product awareness.
• Review competitive reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
• Research competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
• Attend sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
• Suggest innovative marketing ideas and proactively develop deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
• Serve as the sales contact for customers; serve as the customer advocate.
• Serve as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
• Develop strong community and public relations by ensuring property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
• Participate in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Identify public relations opportunities and coordinate activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
• Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Gain understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
• Ensure that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner.